SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN FOR 2018
20TH ANNUAL PROVINCETOWN INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL
(*for more terms and conditions, visit our WithoutaBox festival page above)
The Provincetown International Film Festival (PIFF) is dedicated to showcasing independent American and international films, offering a full program of full-length and short films curated by an established programming team, with submissions reviewed by a dedicated screening committee. If you are interested in submitting your work, please read all the information below and follow the instructions.
• PIFF shows narrative, documentary and animated features and shorts in DCP and BluRay.
• Film must have been completed after January 1, 2017.
• Any number of titles may be submitted by an entrant. However, each title requires its own separate entry form, review copy and entry fee.
•All accepted feature films are eligible for the HBO Audience Awards (presented to Best Narrative Feature and Best Documentary Feature). Other award categories include the John Schlesinger Award (presented to a first time narrative and documentary feature filmmaker), HBO Short Documentary Award, Here Media Award (for best queer short film), and Jury Awards for Narrative Short, Animated Short, New England Short and Student Short (as well as Honorable Mentions bestowed at the discretion of PIFF staff/jury).
• Feature films may not have been released theatrically, appeared online, or aired on television in the U.S. prior to the festival.
• ONLY Online preview copies are accepted for submissions. Please include your password-protected Vimeo screener info in your cover letter.
• Be sure to upload photos, stills and press kits via Withoutabox or include a web link in your cover letter. If your work is selected, photos will be used for promotion and for the PIFF website and catalog. Please do NOT send unessential materials (such as bio, reviews or other publicity kits) unless absolutely necessary.
• Acknowledgment of receipt of your entry will be made by via Withoutabox. Please also include an email address with your submission. Preview DVDs and support materials will not be returned. You will be notified of acceptance or rejection via email by approximately May 9, 2017.
• PIFF does not pay rental/screening fees for submitted works which are programmed.
• PIFF will pay return shipping for the film (exhibition copy) within the Continental U.S. ONLY. It is the filmmaker’s responsibility to deliver the film to the festival via the requested method by: May 15, 2018 (Shorts) / June 1, 2018 (Features)
• The regular submission deadline is Thursday, February 15, 2018.
Contact email: firstname.lastname@example.org