DEVELOPMENT AND EVENT OPERATIONS MANAGER
The Development and Event Operations Manager is a detail and process-oriented Operations Manager who will ensure that the Development and Event Department’s day-to-day operations are functioning smoothly and efficiently. This role requires the Manger to plan ahead, anticipate challenges, coordinate resources and communicate processes and procedures with staff. The Operations Manager is responsible for supporting annual and quarterly fundraising goals, as well as helping to connect, cultivate, engage and steward a diverse base of donors, sponsors, and other stakeholders.
This position will report directly to the Director of Program Operations and work closely with the CEO to maintain oversight, recruit, and support the efforts of all members of the development team including board members, other staff, and volunteers. With the exception of special events and programs that take place on evenings and weekends, the position is expected to work primarily from the Waters Edge Cinema offices in Provincetown during regular business hours with some flexibility allowed for working from home.
The Operations Manager will contribute to sustainable development efforts by preparing for solicitations and researching donors. The person will also serve as a liaison with the Finance Department to ensure accuracy of gift/donation records and deposits.
This position will also work closely with the development team to leverage outreach events and opportunities to meaningfully engage current and potential donors, sponsors, and our stakeholders. In total, PFS’s Development team is responsible for securing $1 million or more in private revenue individuals, corporations and foundations during the next fiscal year.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Administrative and Volunteer Coordination
- Ensure fundraising data integrity and effective revenue and pipeline reporting by maintaining donor accounts in our database (Ovations) and confirming that all relevant information is accurately recorded and updated.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure that all gifts for PFS are processed efficiently and accurately.
- Maintains appropriate records of batches, paper files, and other records related to contributions.
- Draft and circulate weekly agendas and list of action items to the development staff
- Support members of the development team with solicitation and stewardship mailings, emails, and phone campaigns.
- Collaborate with the PFS team to create Development Team collateral (emails, graphics, other materials as needed).
- Recruits manages special event and office staff volunteers
- Helps to collect data required for funding reports
Event Execution and Follow-Up
- Work with the staff to plan and oversee the preparation and execution of special events, including PIFF Preview Weekend, the Women’s Residency Brunch, Private Dinners, special WE screening events, etc.
- Execute project plans
- Oversee and Grow Volunteer Engagement: Works with staff across programs and departments to coordinate volunteer engagement projects for corporate and individual prospects, and individual event volunteer engagement.
Sponsors and Donors
- Solicit individual sponsorships in the form of cash and in-kind contributions
- Steward an assigned list of sponsorships and donors
- Contribute to the continued growth and success of PFS’s board and volunteer committee engagement efforts by cultivating prospects and stewarding involvement
- Provide prospect research to support individual, corporate and foundation prospecting.
- Collaborate with the members of the development team and the Executive Director to secure meetings with current and prospective donors; support team with meeting preparation, research and logistics for visits and sales calls.
- Draft communications for the development team to increase engagement with current donors and sponsors and cultivate prospects.
- Connect with, cultivate, engage, and steward individual sponsors and donors
Represent PFS powerfully at local corporate and community functions.
- Contribute to the intellectual and organizational capacity of PFS by staying apprised of local and national trends in non-profit fundraising in the independent film space
- Two or more years of professional experience, preferably in fundraising for a non-profit or educational organization, with proven ability to meet or exceed goals.
- B.A. Degree preferred
- Detail-oriented approach
- Strong base of knowledge of fundraising.
- Experience using Ovations or other donor/relationship management software.
- Experience in Adobe, Creative Suite, In Design is helpful.
- Exceptional oral and written communication skills with an ability to engage and inspire a wide range of audiences.
- Excellent organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and think critically.
- A commitment to PFS’s mission and goals
Salary and benefits, commensurate with experience. PFS is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage individuals with diverse backgrounds to apply and are committed to hiring individuals who value a diverse and inclusive environment.
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a personalized cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.