PFS is currently seeking a full-time Theater Manager to oversee all aspects of front-of-house operations, customer service, and supporting the programming initiatives. The Theater Manager will report directly to the Executive Director and is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day management of the theater, including responsibility for all back-office functions, supervise the projection staff, responsible for PFS member services and theater-based audience development initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have a passion for the arts and film, but also a desire to be deeply involved and dedicated to the mission of PFS and the community of Provincetown.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Supervise all daily operations and venue management of the Whaler’s Wharf cinema while the space is open to the public.
- Initiate and maintain PFS membership development and services, maintain Whaler’s Wharf Cinema website, cultivate local on-screen sponsorship, coordinate with Art Director and Programmer to produce and place social and other media ads, coordinate local distribution of hard copy marketing materials.
- Work with Programmer and projectionists to coordinate print trafficking and film marketing materials.
- Communicate and coordinate with vendors for venue and equipment maintenance and repairs. Including projection equipment, HVAC, plumbing, electrical, concession and structural. Ensure optimal presentation of film and digital viewing and sound quality. Responsible for ordering, stocking, preparation and sale of concessions and PFS merchandise.
- Responsible for daily reports of ticket, concessions and merchandise sales, and weekly box office reports; responsible for daily deposit of all receipts.
Staff and Volunteer Management
- Management of all volunteer and part-time front of house and projection staff including training, customer service, member services and conflict resolution.
- In coordination with Executive Director, post, hire and train year round and seasonal staff.
- Create, maintain and enforce rules and policies. Reward and discipline staff as necessary to maintain a healthy and consistent internal culture, which can be transferred to the expansion of staff during the Provincetown Film Festival.
Box office and Ticketing
- Enter events into ticket management system, website and online calendars used by PFS. Manage ticket sales and holds for daily and special events, check show times on website and ensure web sales are accessible and functioning.
- Handle ticketing system and POS maintenance. Keep software up to date and confer with ED re hardware maintenance; work with ticketing system to resolve any issues and software updates and fixes.
- In addition to the management of the venue’s regular programming, the position includes promoting and organizing rentals for outside groups and partners.
- Oversee and manage events and setting pricing with Executive Director.
- Manage contracts, insurance and invoicing and receiving payment from clients.
- Work with film booker, executive director and head projectionist to build and manage the programming and event schedules.
- Oversee and approve projectionist schedule.
- Create house staff schedule.
- Direct and inspect all venue and equipment maintenance.
- Responsible for consistent upkeep of venue; communicating with projectionists, house staff and Executive Director to learn of issues and make prompt repairs by communicating, creating and maintaining relationships and coordinating with vendors.
- Order, inventory and manage all food and merchandise items.
- Work with, create and maintain relationships with vendors.
- Includes oversight of budget and costs, and bringing new ideas to advance profit.
- In addition to year round management, this position will have a role in the Provincetown International Film Festival either as manager of the Cinema or in another needed capacity as determined by the Executive Director and the Artistic Director.
- Minimum of 1-2 years in a leadership position with supervisory and customer service experience and a high level of responsibility with minimum oversight
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task in different departments while working with a small but dedicated staff
- Able to stay cool under pressure and handle the unexpected with finesse
- Leadership in event management, having managed events from start to finish; working with talent and guests, vendors, and caterers
- Experience in marketing and fundraising initiatives, with social media and digital management.
- Technical experience, working with digital cinema and/or 35mm film and camera or sound equipment is a plus.
- Budgeting and P&L experience, with the ability to manage spending and income.
- An outgoing and energized personality with an interest and dedication to film and the arts.
To apply, please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com
Waters Edge Cinema Team Member
We’re currently seeking a reliable box office & concession salesperson with quality customer service skills. Other tasks include keeping up with general daily tidiness of the cinema, restocking merchandise, snacks & beverages, rotating daily & weekly signage, and generally ensuring a positive screening experience for all of our guests. Must be available nights and weekends. Our starting wage is $17.00/hourly. Perks include discounts on cinema merchandise & snacks, as well as free movies.
To apply, please send your resume, references, and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
The Provincetown Film Society, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a diverse workforce. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, disability, age, veteran status, or other category protected by law.